Those who don’t qualify to become full members
can apply to become Associate Members.:
- Registration with the Charity Commission for at least 1 year.
- Good compliance history with the Charity Commission (Annual Return, Annual Reports and Financial Statements filed within time frame).
- 3 years of unqualified audited reports filed with the Charity Commission.
- Field offices or implementing partners in at least 1 country overseas.
MCF has the following requirements from applicant organisations:
- Organisations applying for membership with the MCF understand and agree with the relevant clauses of MCF Governing Documents (please e-mail for the copy of the document) and should be signatories or be willing to sign to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
- Applicant organisations run relief and/or development related projects or provides support for such projects at least in one country overseas.
- MCF Members should agree to sign, within their 1st year of membership, to the principles enshrined in the Humanitarian charter, and to achieveing Sphere and People in Aid standards and have to be evaluated against them as well as others.
- MCF Members should agree to join, within their 1st year of membership, the Fundraising Standards Board and agree to comply with best fundraising practices.
- Associate Membership for new organisations is approved by the Board of Trustees.
Organisations submitting applications for membership have to provide the MCF Secretariat with the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Copy of the charter, bylaw or constitution of the organisation
- Copy of the Mission statement
- Charity Commission registration number
- Certified copy of externally audited account for last 1 year
- Certified copy of the annual report for the last year
- Copy of the organogram / organisation chart of the organisation
- Full Names, permanent addresses, nationalities and dates of birth of all the members of the Executive Board/Board of Trustees or any relevant supreme governing body of the organisation
- Copies of recent publications
All personal and professional data will be stored according to Data Protection Act of 1998