To join MCF as a member, a British Muslim charity must meet ALL the following eligibility criteria:
i. Active registration and ‘up-to-date’ status with the Charity Commission for England and Wales or with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)
ii. Full compliance across the last three years with regards to the submission of all documents/forms required by law with the Charity Commission or with OSCR. If a perspective MCF member has been registered with the Charity Commission or OSCR for fewer than three years, it must have a full compliance history for the whole period it has been registered. [There are different requirements for different sizes and types of charity. For details, perspective and current MCF members should consult Charity Commission’s Guidance at: ‘Prepare a charity annual return’ and ‘Charity reporting and accounting: the essentials November 2016 (CC15d)].
iii. Running or supporting projects in the UK or abroad which have one or more of the following purposes:
- The advancement of health or saving of lives
- The prevention or relief of poverty
- Overseas aid/famine relief
- Sustainable development
- Economic/community development/employment
- Human rights/religious or racial harmony
- MCF Charter
- MCF’s Code of Conduct
- Fundraising Regulator, and comply with the provisions of The Code of Fundraising Practice and its Rulebooks.
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
- Humanitarian Charter
- Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability