Charity Performance Booster
As we fast approach the beautiful month of Ramadan, now is a vital time for Muslim Charities to ensure they meet regulatory standards to provide donors with confidence and help those whom we exist to serve. This full-day programme has been designed to connect Muslim Charities with regulators and experts to improve governance standards.
Our recent examination into investigations by the Charity Commission from 2008 to 2019 demonstrated there to be 59 investigations into Muslim-led charities. There were only 296 charities investigated in total. The investigations show that some people occupying senior positions within the sector are unaware of the legal and professional requirements of running charities.
The workshops will provide guidance on how to improve governance standards to avoid the issues some charities have experienced. Alongside the workshops, there will also be an opportunity to have a 1 to 1 consultations with the Charity Commission, Fundraising Regulator, HMRC and NCVO to provide advice on specific issues you may be facing.
Attendees will receive a programme booklet containing speaker bios and workshop content.
Attendees will benefit from discussions on:
- Transferring funds internationally
- Lessons from Fundraising Investigations
- Gift Aid claims
- GDPR Compliance
- Charities Accounts & Admin Costs
- Eleanor Morgan, International Charities Engagement Manager, Charity Commission
- Catherine Orr, Head of Casework, Fundraising Regulator
- Michelle Moggan, Case Manager, Fundraising Regulator
- Steve Carrol, HMRC Outreach Specialist, HMRC
- Mark Burnett, CEO, Hope-May
- Nasir Rafiq, Director, Dua Governance
Book via Eventbrite: http://bit.ly/2U36hgD