Safeguarding in the Muslim Charity Sector
Date: 28th January 2020
Who should attend: This workshop would be best suited to CEO’s, Safeguarding and HR leads, and International Programmes Managers.
Trainers: We are fortunate to have Islamic Relief Worldwide’s Safeguarding team deliver this workshop. Led by Neelam Fida, IRW’s Global Child Protection & Inclusion Advisor/ Safeguarding Lead. The team have delivered safeguarding training to senior leadership, middle management as well as delivering specialist programmes for their field offices.
- MCF members £49.00
- Non-members £69.00
Registration deadline: Monday 20th January 2020
- Understand the regulatory framework
- Become aware of risk factors and proposed policy solutions
- Case studies: Learn practical experiences and identify challenges
- Recognise steps to build / strengthen your organisations safeguarding culture and capacity
- Become examples of good leadership in relation to safeguarding
- Take away tools to implement good safeguarding practices in your charity
- Have the right people in place to lead safeguarding
- Implement clear reporting and whistle-blowing channels
- Update your policies and procedures to ensure robust protections in place
- Foster a safe culture safeguarding is understood by teams and whistle-blowers are protected
- Roll out learning to field offices as a point of priority
- Consider additional needs when working with madrasah’s, masjids and community faith leaders.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Click the following link to register: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/workshop-safeguarding-in-the-muslim-charity-sector-tickets-87150813429