MCF’S FUTURE LEADERS PROGRAMME
The Muslim Charities Forum is a network of British Muslim charities working for social good in the UK and Internationally. Our membership includes the biggest Muslim charities in the UK.
Through our network, we aim to collectively build a more accountable, transparent and efficient British Muslim charitable sector, in order to improve our ability—both as individual organisations and as a sector.
Our vision is to see British Muslim Charities making the biggest difference they can towards a more just and sustainable world. Our mission is to enable British Muslim charities to reach their full potential by establishing a healthy, accountable, effective and professional Muslim Charitable sector in the UK. We aim to do this through good governance, conducting research, forming partnerships, enhancing cooperation, capacity building, skills training and development.
The Future Leaders Programme:
MCF’s Future Leaders Programme offers individuals an opportunity to develop their skills, knowledge and confidence in the charitable third sector, particularly for those interested in international aid and development and Muslim charities. The intern will be well supported and quickly become a core member of the staff team, learning a wide range of skills in a small, but very busy office.
Please send a full CV and short cover letter to email@example.com
We have several exciting projects in the pipeline and are keen to appoint interns as soon as possible. We will therefore invite candidates for interview on a rolling basis.
Qualities we are looking for in potential candidates:
- Graduate or currently on an undergraduate/post-graduate degree in International Relations, Politics, Communications, English Language, or similar fields.
- Some understanding of the UK political system, international development and/or human rights.
- Interest and some understanding of the Muslim Charity sector
- A proactive and well organised approach- ability to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Commitment to MCF’s values rooted in our Islamic Faith.
- 3-6 months commitment required, days to be confirmed with Manager.
- Working core hours between 10am-5pm, from our office near Waterloo
Learning & Outcomes (this is dependent on the intern’s abilities and personal development):
- Better insight into International aid and development.
- Knowledge of the Muslim Charity sector, large and small INGO’s
- Understanding in depth the challenges faced by the Muslim INGO and third sector and learning how collaboration, innovation, research and advocacy aim to tackle these issues.
- Working within a busy office with a core team
Skills gained will vary from person to person, however some of our interns have helped us with; desk research (collating and analysing data), preparing reports for management, writing content for different audiences (digital and print communications), develop networking skills representing MCF at events, support the planning and delivery of events, contribute to ideas and suggestions about how to develop MCF’s Future Leaders Programme.
NB: Please note, we are only able to respond to shortlisted applicants.